Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Sunshine

"Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do."
~Jean de la Bruyere 

So after feeling pretty low yesterday, I went and picked Hudson up from daycare and just one gummy faced grin from that little boy turned everything around.

It amazes me how I am trying to be strong for him yet he is the one who gives me strength. With one giggle, he makes me realize everything is going to be okay. Within that moment I don't think about anything else but how lucky I am to have him in my life and be his mom.

Last night I sang You Are My Sunshine, which somehow felt more true than ever. I read him just one more book, sang him just one more song and held him a little tighter. This experience makes me cherish every moment and taking nothing for granted. Yep he is going to be one spoiled little boy! LOL!

Its funny how shortly after I found out about his diagnoses I was doing laundry and found my gym clothes. Just a few days earlier my main concerns were getting baby weight off and why this boy doesn't like to sleep! Within a moment everything changed. I am grateful to have a new perspective on whats really important again.


He really is my sunshine

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment