Sunday, December 4, 2011

Being Strong is Our Only Choice

Today I got our cranio care bears package in the mail. I was SO excited. Opening and seeing all the support, generosity just felt like a great big hug from people I have never met but feel so close to. THANK YOU Cranio Care Bears!

There was so much useful practical things we will need. But my favorite was ribbons linked together with cranio families messages to us. I found myself thinking about how this is a metaphor for these strangers being linked together through craniosynostosis. All these woman who I have never met have helped make this whole process a little less scary. There is something powerful talking to someone who has gone through the same thing. They know your fears, worries, anxiety because they have felt all of it too. Hearing their words of encouragement makes me feel like I am part of something hard yes, but special. The fact that they all have not chosen to just move on from their own situation but to continue to uplift other families is so inspiring. We are going to drape these over his crib in Dallas. In a way they will all be there with us. I want to share some of my favorites ...

  • Don't tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big your God is.
  • Rainbows come out after the rainstorm.
  • I can do everything through him who gives me strength - Phillipines 4:13
  • You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice (my fav)
  • Love Wins
  • May the sun shine bright and a quick recovery
  • Never fly faster than your guardian angel can fly
  • Don't be afraid (from Logan a cranio kid)
  • Angels are watching over you
Thank you cranio families! You are amazing

4 comments:

  1. Love that first one - so true!! Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid (from Logan a cranio kid)--Congratulations, Jeanette. You made me cry on a Monday morning! Jeez...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice" link was from Jesse and I! :) Hudson is going to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy thank you so much!!! That was my favorite link honestly. It rang home to me. I have been following your story on craniokids. Its so touching! Jessie reminds me so much of my Hudson! They could be brothers lol. Much love to you and best of luck in your next surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete